lundi 26 janvier 2015

Providence (RI) (2) : Brown University

To get to Thayer Street, where the Ranger had told me I would find food, I needed to cut accross Brown University's historical campus. Despite the cold and icy rain, it was a nice walk.
Il faisait bien moche à Providence. Des joyeux flocons bostoniens nous étions passés à un crachin insistant, composé d'une irritant glace à moitié fondue. De quoi me rendre mes lunettes inutiles et canarder l'objectif de la caméra. Mais pour me rendre au quartier "où les étudiants comme vous mangent", d'après ma guide la sympathique Ranger, il me fallait quand même marcher un bon mile (1,6 km), et traverser le campus historique de Brown University, fier membre de l'Ivy League. Je n'ai pas boudé mon plaisir.



Certains étudiants étaient apparemment restés de grands enfants, car j'ai découvert à dans l'une des immenses cours historiques en enfilades...

Je me suis finalement engouffrée dans le premier restaurant qui ne ressemblait pas à une chaîne, et exceptionnellement, me suis offert un bon burger. (Non, Maman chérie, tout vas bien. Mon dîner était uniquement composé de clémentines.)



2 commentaires:

  1. That's University Hall in front of you- the original building. They thought it was TOO BIG in the 1700s when it was built. During the Revolutionary War it was used to house soldiers and supposedly you can see the ghost of a soldier on a horse riding around. There's another building that I'm told looks like Hogwarts on the inside but I haven't gone in there in many years. The women's college is very nice too but hidden behind the main campus. Check out Susanna's Women's History Month pictures from when she went to Pembroke. Her friend traveling Ruthie visited the main quad with me.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. I will definitely chek your blog! Besides, I'm sure it looks very different without the snow.

      That plus Edgar Allan Poe, its starting to be a lot of ghosts hehe!

      Supprimer