dimanche 22 février 2015

Philadelphia (PA) (5): Deck the Alley!

Elfreth's Alley is absolutely adorable, and it's also the oldest, continually inhabited residential street in the US. Fiona and I had a fun phtoshoot there. There was justenough snow to give a Dickensian character, and we loved it!

(Also, my Guide du Routard Northeastern USA is one year old since I got it last year for my birthday and went celebrating with me. Thanks mom, for thistrusted travel companion!)

Elfreth's Alley est la rue résidentielle continuellement habitée la plus ancienne des Etats-Unis.Un endroit super adorable où l'on se croirait replongé dans une autre époque.Il parait que tous les étés, les habitants ouvrent leurs maisons pour laisser les gens visiter. Quand nous sommes arrivées, Fiona et moi, tout était fermé, mais avec juste un soupoudrage de neige, des couronnes de houx et quelques rubans de velours rouge, on se serait cru une veille de Noël chez Dickens. Bref, nous nous sommes amusées comme des petites folles à prendre tout plein de photos.



Loved how every house painted doors and shutters a different colour. And the cellar traps, very Wizard of Oz!
















Candy cane heurtoir!













Heurtoir eye candy for you, Maman!

And grattoir nostalgia for me. Bring me backto rue Damas! Damas street was where I was born and was also a very historical looking street, although more in an Art Déco, 1910s style with red and ocre bricks, and booming cherry trees. Perhaps I got my love of pretty historical streets from there. In any case, I have fond memories of our own feet gratter.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire